One of our horses

One of our horses
Diablo's Little Spin

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Davis Poultice Boot Saves The Day!

Yep, it stayed on. (See my previous post). I reckon if Will can keep one of these boots on, any horse can wear one! I could see some teeth marks that indicated that he'd tried to have a play with it but all is well and he's given up.  It started to rain in earnest this morning and he's happily slopping about in the mud with the boot on and his wrapped up foot is clean and dry. I changed the dressing last night and it wasn't too difficult to get off and then back on again. Will is also not lame anymore with the boot on so that is a bonus. Still has a huge hole in the bottom of the sole of his foot, but not lame.  Only one more needle to go and I have successfully done the last four without blood or butchering his poor neck!

No comments:

Post a Comment